Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Opening Weekend for Emperor

Well, 3 shows done! LOL.... :) Saturday we opened in Bellmore, our "home" theatre, the stage is not my favorite, its small, but do-able, but its raked, and a backwards rake! So its feels as if you are going to fall backwards! LOL... Oh, it was great to see 17 people there, who actually liked the show... LOL! It went well. I was pleased! Sunday, we then took the show to Queens College, and even though Heather and I had a ton of issues finding the theatre, when we did find it, my mouth dropped! It was PERFECT! HUGE HUGE HUGE Stage!, Amazing seating area, and just a great backstage, tons of room to move around, it was a great venue! We had 500 people for that performance.And due to a wedding, most orginal cast members, except Heather, Jack (Emperor) and myself were not there and they had their understudyies or subs, go on, and they did amazing! I really love many of the understudies. And Monday we performed in Douglaston, at the Jewish Community Center there, it was a smaller stage then Bellmore, but the set fit better there, and it worked. Even though its not meant really for a theatre, it worked and the show was great. It seemed like we had a thousand kids there, and they wanted to take us home, I swear we almost didn't get out! LOL... But we have most of this week off, a show in Bellmore on Saturday, then we perform mostly every day next week. Next week is gonna be busy, with my shows, personal events and birthdays, and possibly my family coming next Saturday to see a performance.

Hope you all get a chance to come see the show-

:)
Matthew

No comments: