Friday, January 4, 2008

"I'm Going Back!"

Hahaha, So not to quote the Lion King, but "I'm going back!" I can feel a light at the end of the tunnel for the "day job!" Everything is not a hundred percent set yet, but close I feel. It's time to leave, I feel that I am starting to get unhappy with the office envirnment. I did enjoy my stay but I need to act. So I am trying to find something to supplement my income. Kinda hard, but have a job in mind.
Voice Lessons are going extremely well, voice is really improving, and I am re-vamping the auditions again. Want to soon starting taking some dance classes, hope I can, really want to improve, as they say you can never stop learning!
Can I just give one word of advice to actors starting out, NEVER stop auditioning, it is kinda hard to get back into the swing of things. I feel like I have to learn every song, and monologue over again. But at the same time, I get to experience the growth I've had as a person, and see that the material hasn't gotten old on me yet.
Some recent shows I've seen- Xanadu, GO SEE IT, one of the funniest and most talented shows and casts I've yet to see. Really enjoyed it, seen it three times!
So for this New Year in 2008, I want to get the dream body! I use to be about 300lbs, and now weighing 150lbs is a huge accomplishment, but I need to get the total "package" going. So I plan to start really focusing on the rest of the "junk."
I have an audition tonight for a show in Manhattan, not sure it will work out, due to me going on vacation for most of the rehearsal period, but I can still hope and pray, and at least do it. And in a couple weeks I have another audition for a show I would love to be in, just to have done it, and get back into things. I will keep you posted on how they go.
My friend Enchantee is doing a show in New Jersey, really excited to see her perform, she is playing Andrea in "Once on this Island." I attended a rehearsal a couple weeks ago, really enjoyed the work they were making, the team is a great match, and the cast is enjoying themselves alot! I will post information on that soon, so if anyone does care to see the show, they can support the cast and crew.

https://robot.boxofficetickets.com/800-494-TIXS/WebObjects/BOTx2005.woa/wa/inspectProgram?id=39571&passKey=62b16f3b65&webWrapNC=1

So 13 days till the BAHAMAS!!!! YAY!!! I am thrilled to leave the city for ten days, be the heat, and sun, and just spend money, and sleep and just do "nothing!"
Alright, well have a great day, and weekend, I will keep you posted on life and things hopefully very often, and let you know everything that is going on.

Thanks for everything,
Matthew

No comments: